Week 1 (May 21st)
- Program launches and teams can sign up to participate through May 25th at 11:59 pm.
- You will be contacted on a rolling basis to confirm your team, project, and mentor. Then get started!
Week 2 – 3.5 (May 25th – June 9th)
- Virtual Kick-Off on May 27th at 5:30pm! Details will be sent to teams that sign up for the Challenge.
- During this time, you’ll be meeting with your team virtually often, as well as establishing regular mentor check-ins to make sure you are progressing with your project.
Week 4 (June 10th)
- Deliverable is due by June 10th at 11:59 pm.
- Following your submission, teams will have an opportunity to explain your project idea to various stakeholders.
Week 5-And Beyond
- Judging of projects will take place between June 15-19
- The top 5 teams in each topic area will be announced during the week of June 22
- Town Hall on June 22 from 5-6pm EST for all teams
- On July 1 from 2-4pm EST all top 30 projects (top 5 from each topic area) will participate in our COVID-19 Campus Challenge Showcase
By June 10th, all teams that signed up will be asked to produce their deliverable. Here is a template of what the deliverable should include.
Each submitted project will be reviewed by the University COVID Fall 2020 Coordinating Committee during the week of June 10th.
Each project will be evaluated on criteria including, but not limited to:
- Feasibility of implementation – including timeline to complete implementation, cost, and utilization of current resources.
- Sustainability of proposed solution.
- Completeness and quality of effort put into deliverable.
- How well-defined the problem you are tackling is and how well does the solution address the problem. Both the problem definition and the effectiveness of the solution should be supported by evidence obtained through research and testing.
- Originality and creativity of solution.